Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sleep all day, party all night

Today was not very action-packed. My whole apartment went out to the open market and looked at all the leather goods. Here are pictures of my apartment mates from dinner:



We saw some great things, and are planning on going back next week and getting some awesome leather. Liz and I are going to get leather jackets next weekend before the weather gets too cold and they start raising the prices. I can't wait, because these jackets are beautiful.



I had my first official gelato in Italy today. It was Panna Cotta, and so delicious.

Then we went to the store to get ingredients for dinner, which was chicken parmesan. I had never made it before, but figured it was simple enough, and just went for it. We used toasted and crumbled bread for the base, and then mixed an egg, olive oil, basil, oregano, salt and pepper and coated each chicken breast. Then we used a cheese grater to make bread crumbs to cover the tops of the chicken. We poured marinara over the whole concoction, and layered grated mozzarella on top (because some genius forgot that if she's going to make chicken parmesan, she needs parmesan cheese...). We baked it and cooked some pasta, and then served it with a tossed salad and green grapes. It was so good. I think I'll get the hang of this cooking thing by the time I leave Italy.


Not much happened, but it was a fun day. We're all ready for school to start next week, but are still enjoying our days of lazy freedom for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment